At 1stDibs, we understand that sometimes customers may need to change the shipping method or shipping address for their orders. To make this process as smooth as possible, we have established the following policy:
- Prior to order confirmation, customers can change their shipping method or shipping address by selecting the "Change shipping details" button on their order page. (See Instructions below)
- If the order has been confirmed, customers will need to cancel the order and resubmit it with the correct shipping details.
- If the cancellation is made within the 24-hour cancellation window, the customer will receive a full refund and can resubmit the order with the correct shipping details.
- If the request is made after the 24-hour cancellation window, the order cannot be canceled and the item will ship to the address originally input at checkout.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the shipping details provided are accurate and up to date at the time of checkout. If an incorrect address is provided, and the item is returned to the seller, the customer will be responsible for the cost of reshipping the item.
Steps to change your shipping address or method after a purchase
Generally you can’t change the shipping address that you provided after an order is confirmed.
If the item hasn’t yet been sent, the best thing to do is to cancel the transaction, then repurchase the item with the correct shipping address.
If you made your purchase in the last 24 hours, you can cancel the order from the Orders section of your profile.
- Select the Order Assistance button next to your order
If the order is successfully canceled, we'll send a confirmation of the cancellation to both your registered email address and your Messages.
If it’s been more than 24 hours since your purchase, you’ll need to contact us and ask to cancel the order for you.
If the seller has already shipped your order, or if they don’t accept the cancellation, the package will be sent to the address you originally selected.
Changing the shipping service after you’ve bought an item
If the seller hasn’t sent your package yet, contact us to ask if it’s possible to change the shipping method. If alternative shipping services are available, you may need to pay extra for an express or tracked option.