At 1stDibs, we understand that sometimes customers may need to change the shipping method or shipping address for their orders. To make this process as smooth as possible, we have established the following policy:
- Prior to order confirmation, customers can change their shipping method or shipping address by selecting the "Change shipping details" button on their order page. (See Instructions below)
- If the order has been confirmed, customers will need to cancel the order and resubmit it with the correct shipping details.
- If the cancellation is made within the 24-hour cancellation window, the customer will receive a full refund and can resubmit the order with the correct shipping details.
- If the request is made after the 24-hour cancellation window, the order cannot be canceled and the item will ship to the address originally input at checkout.
It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the shipping details provided are accurate and up to date at the time of checkout. If an incorrect address is provided, and the item is returned to the seller, the customer will be responsible for the cost of reshipping the item.
Steps to change your shipping address or method prior to purchase
If you need to change your shipping address or shipping method on a pending order, you may do so through your order page.
- Find the pending order you wish to change
- Select the "order details" tab at the bottom of the order
- The current shipping address will be displayed
- Select the button at the bottom of the address: "change shipping details"
- Key in your new shipping details
- You will be notified via email when a new shipping quote has been prepared for the order and is pending your approval.
- If "Fulfilled by: Dealer" is displayed on the Orders page, we recommend reaching out to the seller directly for faster completion of the change. Here is an article on how to Contact a Seller or Gallery.
If you wish to expedite your shipment, here is a link to learn more: Expedite Shipment.
If you wish to consolidate your shipment, here is a link to learn more: Consolidate Shipment.