As a global marketplace, 1stDibs is committed to protecting its customers and takes payment security seriously. In order to provide the best possible service to our customers, we’ve implemented order verification measures in an effort to protect your account information. If you’ve placed an order on 1stDibs.com, you may be contacted and requested to provide additional information to verify your identity before the payment is processed.
What You'll Need
To complete this process, you’ll need the following items:
- A valid government-issued photo ID, including a driver’s license, state/national ID card or passport
- Two forms of proof of address such as a property tax receipt, posted mail or utility bill with your name on it
- A camera-enabled device, such as a smartphone, tablet or computer
The Verification Process
You should have received an email from the 1stDibs Marketplace Trust team prompting you to verify your identity.
After clicking “Verify Identity,” you will be brought to a secure page where you will be asked to complete a form with your contact information.
Next, upload an image of a valid government-issued photo ID, including a driver’s license, state/national ID card or passport. You will also need to upload two forms of proof of address, such as a property tax receipt, posted mail or utility bill with your name on it.
To complete the process, you will then need to take a selfie using your device’s camera. Click “Launch Webcam” to get started.
Reasons for Identity Verification
Some reasons we might ask you to verify your identity include:
- We saw a suspicious transaction in your payments profile
- We need to verify the information associated with the account
- We need more information to comply with relevant Anti-Money Laundering regulations
How We Use This Information
Your order will not be processed until you have submitted the required documents. Failure to provide information may result in your order being canceled.