In-Home Delivery Shipping Method
The In-Home Delivery method used for large domestic shipments, in which the item will be wrapped in a blanket and transported via a commercial truck. Live tracking is not typically available for this method, however, the delivery company will contact you directly to schedule a delivery window.
In-Home Delivery Shipping Includes:
- Item collection, packing, shipping, and in-home delivery (e.g. unpacking, inspection, removal of packaging materials)
- Scheduled delivery to the room of your choice -- the carrier will contact you 24 to 48 hours prior to the delivery date to schedule a convenient drop-off window, usually between 2 and 4 hours wide
A signature is required at delivery.
Please make sure the item will fit through any doorways, hallways, stairwells, or elevators.
In-Home Delivery shipments may be expedited upon request for an additional fee, because they require specialized carriers or routing changes. Expediting can only occur before pickup. Once in transit, In-Home delivery shipments cannot be expedited.
Shipping Time Estimates:
- Domestic: 4–7 Weeks
- International: 4–10+ Weeks
Please note that handling -- which includes preparing an item for shipment, packaging, and disassembly -- may take up to 5–10 days. This is not included in the shipping time estimates noted above but is accounted for in the estimate found on item detail pages and at checkout.
Exclusions May Apply:
- Surcharges may apply to deliveries involving a flight of stairs, walk-up or difficult-to-access locations
- The delivery team will not perform plumbing installation or electrical wiring
- If the item is picked up disassembled, the carrier is not required to assemble it upon delivery